East Lothian Council

Roads - permission to occupy - A to Z

Service Outline

You must get consent from the Transportation Department if you are carrying out building, maintenance or demolition work on a property and need to use scaffolding, hoarding or a skip, form a driveway, install services or deposit materials in the adjacent road.

There could be a lead-in period of up to one month to allow the Road Network Division enough time to consider, approve and register (or reject) the application.

Further Information

Skip hire services*

*(East Lothian Council is not responsible for content on any other websites linked to from this site nor does the inclusion of such links imply a recommendation)

Transportation Division

Telephone: 01875 824305

John Muir House, Haddington, EH41 3HA

Search the A to Z

East Lothian Council, John Muir House Brewery Park Haddington East Lothian EH41 3HA.