East Lothian Council

Social enquiry reports - A to Z

Service Outline

When a person appears in Court and pleads guilty to, or is found guilty of, an offence (or offences), the Sheriff/Judge can ask for a Social Enquiry Report.

A Social Enquiry Report contains information about the person, their offences, any other problems and what might prevent the person offending again.

The Sheriff/Judge uses the report to help make the decision about which sentence to impose.

Further Information

Criminal Justice Social Work Service

Telephone: 01620 827763

Brunton Hall, Ladywell Way, Musselburgh, EH21 6AF

Search the A to Z

East Lothian Council, John Muir House Brewery Park Haddington East Lothian EH41 3HA.