Building warrants and completion certificates - A to Z
The Council is responsible for making sure building work on new and existing buildings in East Lothian meets certain standards.
On completion of building work, the owner or responsible person submits a completion certificate to the Council confirming it has been completed in compliance with the building regulations.
Find out if you need a building warrant or completion certificate, and download the releavnt application forms.
AvailabilityEnvironment Reception office hours - Monday-Thursday: 09.00-17.00, Friday: 09.00-16.00
- Public Representation
- Advertisement Control
- Land Use/Application Advice
- Statutory register
- Building Standards - Enforcement
- Residential Planning Applications
- Land Use Proposals
- Business Property Planning Applications
- Building standards - maintenance of records
- Building warrant applications and submissions
- List of applications
- Development Management
- Building Warrants and Completion Certificates
- Property Enquiry Certificates
- Building Standards Charter and Performance
Telephone: 01620 827216John Muir House, Haddington, EH41 3HA