East Lothian Council

Food business - A to Z

Service Outline

All premises used as a food business for storing, selling, distributing or preparing food are required by law to be registered with us including:

  • market stalls
  • delivery vehicles and
  • other moveable structures.

Generally, anyone who wants to operate a food business must register with the Council at least 28 days before they intend to start up.

Environmental and Consumer Services

Telephone: 01620 827365

John Muir House, Haddington, EH41 3HA

Search the A to Z

East Lothian Council, John Muir House Brewery Park Haddington East Lothian EH41 3HA.