Youth Justice Team
What is the Youth Justice Team Service?
The East Lothian Youth Justice Team works with:
- young people for whom offending is becoming an issue
- the young person's family or carer
- professionals involved in a case
- people who have experienced offending behaviour
- the Children's Reporter Service (see our 'Children's Hearings' section for more information)
We recognise that young people's offending behaviour results from many factors. In order to address all their needs, we work with the young person's family or carers and all the relevant professionals involved in their case to access a wide range of resources, structured programmes and expertise.
We do carry out some preventative and early intervention work, but most of the young people that we work with have already been involved in some form of offending.
We also help young people and their families to move, if necessary, between the youth justice and adult justice systems.