East Lothian Council

Business Property Planning Applications

Applying for planning permission

If you are proposing to alter, extend, build or change the use of business premises you must apply to the Council for planning permission by filling in the standard planning application form.

Planning permission is usually granted if the proposed business development is in line with the relevant policies of the development plan for the area.

A copy of the development plan is available for inspection at the Environment Reception.  You can also find further information on our development plan page.

Application forms are available in the Downloads section at the bottom of this page or from Environment Reception.

Alternatively, if the application is to be made online, the application form will be available for completion on the Planning Online portal.

East Lothian Council, John Muir House Brewery Park Haddington East Lothian EH41 3HA.