Apply for planning permission online
Make an application
East Lothian Council and the Scottish Government are actively encouraging planning applications to be submitted online. eDevelopment.scot is the Government’s official planning website.
You can complete applications for consents including:
- planning permission
- advertisement consent
- listed building consent
- conservation area consent
- certificate of lawfulness.
All drawings submitted online should have a scale bar marked on them.
New to the online application service?
- The service is straightforward and secure. The online process guides you through applications with help available at each stage.
- Save your work and break away at any time. When you return to the application your previous entries will be waiting for you.
- Save on costs of paper and postage when making copies of your application and supporting documents - and cut your carbon footprint at the same time.
Want to download an application form/scale of fees?
- Application forms and the scale of fees are available to download.
How to add a unique address
See the attached pictorial guide on how to add a unique address to the online planning forms
Paying for applications
You cannot pay online through the Scottish Government website, however you can pay for your application on the East Lothian Council website.
If you would like to pay online please choose the Departmental Code Option on the planning application website and insert the code of 000000.
You can then complete and submit your application. Once submitted you should go to the East Lothian Council Make a Payment page and select Planning Applications from the list. You will now be able to complete your online payment.