East Lothian Council

Help for Private Landlords

Support and other help, including the 'Landlords Forum'

Private Landlords Forum

East Lothian Council runs a Private Landlords Forum to help landlords to keep up to date with developments and promote good practice.

A number of agencies have been involved in the forum in the past including the Housing Benefit department, Environmental Health department, Housing Development Services department, Citizens Advice Bureaux, and the Scottish Government etc. 

Meetings are held  2 or 3 times a year, and any landlords or agents who own or manage property in East Lothian are welcome to attend (pre-booking often required).

More information on your rights and responsibilities as a landlord.

You will also find the information on the Renting Scotland website useful.

Contact details for housing departments.

East Lothian Council, John Muir House Brewery Park Haddington East Lothian EH41 3HA.