East Lothian Council

Civil partnership registration

Making arrangements for the civil partnership 

If you want to have a civil partnership in Scotland, you can choose to either have a civil partnership registration only or you can register the civil partnership and have a ceremony.

There is some paperwork to be completed and you can find out more about making the arrangements at the National Records of Scotland website or by following the information on local registration services below. 

Where can registration take place? 

Couples can have a civil partnership registration at either Haddington or Musselburgh Registration Office. In East Lothian, couples also have the option of requesting a non-statutory partnership ceremony which will enhance the registration process. Please speak to the registrar about the content of the ceremony.

Please visit the East Lothian venues pages

For information regarding fees please contact the Registrar.

Registering your intention to enter a registered civil partnership 

In all cases, both civil partners must each complete and submit civil partnership notice forms to the registrar for the district in which they intend to have their civil partnership registered, together with the appropriate fee and other relevant documents.

Civil Partnership notice forms may be obtained from any registration office in Scotland or downloaded from the National Records of Scotland website. 

Contact Us 

You can make an appointment to register a civil partnership at our main registration offices.

East Lothian Council, John Muir House Brewery Park Haddington East Lothian EH41 3HA.