East Lothian Council

Comments, complaints and compliments

Still unhappy?

After we have fully investigated, if you are still dissatisfied with our decision or the way we dealt with your complaint, you can ask the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman (SPSO) to look at it.

The SPSO cannot normally look at:

  • a complaint that has not completed our complaints procedure (so please make sure it has done so before contacting the SPSO)
  • events that happened, or that you became aware of, more than a year ago
  • a matter that has been or is being considered in court.

You may contact the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman by:

Visiting their offices at:

4 Melville Street
Telephone: 0800 377 7330

Writing to them at:

Freepost SPSO

We realise that the very short single-line address looks unusual, but this is all that should be printed on the envelope to ensure it arrives safely. Please note, you do not need to use a stamp.

John Muir House, Haddington, EH41 3HA

Telephone: 0131 653 5290

East Lothian Council, John Muir House Brewery Park Haddington East Lothian EH41 3HA.