Political make up of East Lothian Council
There are 23 elected Councillors in total who are responsible for agreeing policies about provision of services and how the Council's money is spent.
East Lothian Council has a coalition Labour /Conservative /Independent Administration.
The Council usually meets once a month and is responsible for taking decisions, but it can delegate decisions to Committees, Sub-Committees or officers. The Council meeting is made up of all the councillors elected to East Lothian Council.
View details of all Council and Committee meetings
|Political Party||Number of Councillors|
|Scottish National Party||8|
Political Leaders chosen by the Administration
- Leader of the Council: Councillor Willie Innes
- Depute Leader: Councillor Michael Veitch
- Provost: Councillor Ludovic Broun-Lindsay
- Depute Provost: Councillor Jim Gillies
Cabinet Spokesperson for:
- Community Planning: Councillor Willie Innes
- Transport & Roads: Councillor Michael Veitch
- Economic Development & Tourism: Councillor John McMillan
- Education & Children's Services: Councillor Shamin Akhtar
- Housing & Environment: Councillor Norman Hampshire
- Community Wellbeing: Councillor Tim Day
- Health & Social Care: Councillor Donald Grant