Care and Repair East Lothian
About Care and Repair
If you are a home owner or private tenant aged over 60, or disabled and over 50, Care and Repair can assist. It offers practical help and advice for adaptations and repairs to your home, and / or smaller repairs.
Care and Repair East Lothian provides an adaptations and repairs service to those who need advice on financing and carrying out housing improvements, repairs and maintenance - eg roof or window repairs or disabled medical adaptations such as stairlifts, level access showers or ramps. This service is confidential and completely free of charge.
Care and Repair East Lothian was set up in 1987 and is managed by East Lothian Housing Association with support from the Scottish Government and East Lothian Council.
Care and Repair officers cannot carry out repairs themselves, but they can:
- visit you to discuss what is worrying you about your home
- help you to decide on necessary repairs and improvements
- give you an idea of the costs involved
- advise on ways of raising the money
- help you find suitable contractors to do the work
- advise on any grants that might be available and assist you to complete the paperwork
- provide advice and support throughout the work, including liaising with the contractor and others
- direct you to other sources of help, if needed
Further information including a post paid contact form can be found in the adaptations and repairs leaflet.
Section 8 of our Housing Options Guide will also provide information and further contact details.
Care and Repair East Lothian also publishes a regular newsletter.