Awards of Council Tax Reduction (CTR) and Second Adult Rebate (SAR) reduce the amount of Council Tax which you would normally be required to pay. The amount you are entitled to from the start date of your entitlement period until the end of the financial year (31st March) will reduce your Council Tax charge and you will receive a revised Council Tax bill for that year. Council Tax Reduction does not cover water and wastewater (sewerage) charges and you will still need to pay these.

Second Adult Rebate is a form of Council Tax Reduction for people who do not share their home with a partner but share their home with someone who is 18 and over and is on a low income and does not pay rent to them. Failure to pay Council Tax will result in debt recovery action and you may incur additional costs.

Please answer all the questions or tick the appropriate boxes. If a question does not apply to you, write N/A (not applicable).

Please be aware that the Council Tax team is extremely busy at present and we are dealing with a very high volume of enquiries from customers. 

Please complete the online form with as much detail as possible and we will get back to you as soon as we can.  It is currently taking around 6 weeks to process enquiries.  We appreciate you may be anxious to receive a response, but please bear with us and try to avoid contacting the team to ask for a progress update if possible, as this generates additional work.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and hope to resume normal service as soon as possible. 

Thank you

How we use the information you provide.