- Former Tranent Primary School, Sanderson's Wynd, Tranent
Tranent lies immediately south of the A1 and approximately 10 miles east of Edinburgh City Centre and the town is ideally situated for commuting to Edinburgh and other areas. There is a regular bus service and the nearby railway station, located in Prestonpans, which provides access to Edinburgh in 14 minutes.
The former Tranent Infant School is located on Sanderson’s Wynd, off Church Street, close to the town centre and is situated within a mixed use area including commercial, education, retail/leisure and residential.
The property is located close to playing fields which serve Sanderson’s Wynd Primary School, Crookston Care Home, the new Fraser Centre community facility and the George Johnstone Centre which provides Library and Council services and lies just outside the Tranent Conservation area boundary.
This U shaped property was built in 1890 and extended in 1928. It is a Grade B Listed former school building, single storey and of traditional construction with pitched slate roofs generally and flat felt covered roofs over the corridors. Walls are brick and harling with sandstone dressing. The majority of the windows and doors are original. The site is accessed from Sanderson’s Wynd only, see attached site plan. The roof and windows are generally in poor condition and require renewal.
The building is surrounded by a substantial amount of tarmac area which is crazed or loose and requires resurfacing.
A Condition Survey carried out by Summers Inman, Construction and Property Consultants can also be made available on request.
A Type 2 Asbestos Building Survey has been carried out and a copy of the report can be made available to interested parties on request.
The Council is advised that the postal address of the property is:
Former Tranent Infants School, Sanderson’s Wynd, Tranent EH33 1DA
- Energy Performance Certificate
There is no EPC (Energy Performance Certificate) for this building.
This property is Grade B Listed and sits just outside the Tranent Conservation area.
Development Guidelines produced by East Lothian Council’s Policy and Projects Team, part of the Council’s Planning Department are also available on the website or to download.
Unfortunately, internal viewing of this property is generally not permitted. Interested parties should contact Wendy Gillie on 07812 482884 or by email at email@example.com to obtain further information.
For those wishing to submit an offer, or requiring to carry out a detailed survey, a copy of the Institute of Occupational Medicine mould survey report is available on request. All visitors to this former school will be required to supply and wear the appropriate level Respiratory Protective Equipment (RPE). RPE to be worn by site visitors during any viewing will be based on the viewers, or their employers risk assessment on the hazards outlined and identified within the IOM mould survey report. ELC will not grant any viewings to anyone without the appropriate level of Respiratory Protective Equipment.
Any interested party who requires further information or guidance related to this health and safety / viewing requirement should make contact with Mrs Wendy Gillie, Estates Manager, for further information and guidance. Further information can be obtained via the following link: Respiratory protective equipment (RPE) (hse.gov.uk)”
These particulars can also be viewed and downloaded at www.eastlothian.gov.uk
If you wish Particulars to be sent out to you by post, or if you intend to offer for this property and would like to note your interest and be advised of a closing date for offers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leasing arrangements
- Rating Assessment
The current rateable value is £4,000 p.a.
- Conditions of Sale
CONDITIONS OF SALE
- The property will be sold as possessed by the Council and subject to all conditions and/or restrictions affecting it, whether or not contained in the title deeds. Any conveyance by the Council shall contain such reservations, burdens and conditions as the Council may consider necessary for the protection of the Council’s interest.
- Offers conditional upon gaining planning consent will be considered, but in the event of similar bids being received preference may be given to offers not conditional on planning.
- The purchase price will be paid in full at a date to be agreed subject to the following:
- A deposit of 10% of the purchase price shall be paid to the Council immediately on conclusion of formal
missives, with the balance of the purchase price payable at the date of entry.
- Interest at 4% above the Royal Bank of Scotland base rate will be chargeable on the balance of the
purchase price from the date of entry until paid.
- The purchasers shall become liable for any statutory notices issued after the date of conclusion of missives.
- Any offer submitted should also include information on the proposed use intended for the property together with details of any planning and/or other consents required. This information should be as detailed as possible and include plans, specifications etc, where appropriate.
- Prospective purchasers should also submit with their offer, information sufficient to allow the Council to obtain a suitable financial reference. Where an offer is submitted by a company (which is not a limited or public limited company) or a partnership, then the directors or partners must be named.
- Offers are invited on the basis that full vacant possession is available to the property.
- The purchase price should be stated as exclusive of VAT.
DETAILS FOR SUBMITTING OFFERS
- Offers over £100,000 are invited.
- The closing date for offers has not yet been set. All interested parties who have noted their interest by email to email@example.com will be notified of the closing date once set and issued with an offer pack. Offers should be open for acceptance for a period of 6 weeks after the closing date. This is to allow for consideration of all offers received and to accommodate the Council’s reporting procedures.
- All offers must be made in the offer envelope provided and the name and address of the bidder should be written on the back. Any additional material for submission must be suitably sealed, labelled and attached to the offer envelope. An offer envelope can be obtained from Rhonda King, Tel: 01620 827330, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Only self-evidencing offers in standard legal form will be considered for acceptance by the Council.
- Offers received by fax will not be accepted.
- The Council is not bound to accept the highest or any offer.
- Offers received after 12 Noon on the closing date will be returned unopened and will not be considered by the Council.
- Offers must be submitted in accordance with the above. Failure to do so will result in the offer being declared void.
- You are strongly recommended to seek professional advice when making an offer.