This form has 5 pages

A person may be disregarded for council tax purposes if he/she provides care or support (or both) to another person(s) who resides in the same property and is providing that care for at least 35 hours per week.

The person receiving care must be entitled to one of the following:
  • Higher rate attendance allowance
  • The highest rate of care component of disability living allowance (DLA)
  • An increase in the rate of his/her disablement pension due to disablement
  • Increase in constant attendance allowance

This reduction is also dependent on the number of adults residing in the property.

Please note that your claim will not be accepted if the person receiving care is cared for by a spouse or partner.  

If you wish to apply for a carer reduction, please complete the following:

How we use the information you provide.