Housing Benefit & Council Tax Reduction

You can use this form to apply for Housing Benefit to help you pay your rent if you’re unemployed, on a low income or claiming benefits.

You can make a new claim for Housing Benefit if any of the following apply:

  • you’re getting the severe disability premium, or are entitled to it
  • you got or were entitled to the severe disability premium within the last month and are still eligible for it
  • you have reached State Pension Age
  • you’re in supported, sheltered or temporary housing

You can make a new claim if:

  • you’re living in temporary accommodation, such as a B&B arranged by your council
  • you’re living in a refuge for survivors of domestic abuse
  • you’re living in sheltered or supported housing (such as a hostel) which provides you with ‘care, support or supervision’

You can make an application for either Housing Benefit, Council Tax Reduction or both through our online form. Please also see our application privacy statement.

Please answer all the questions or tick the appropriate boxes. If a question does not apply to you, write N/A (not applicable).