The Scottish Welfare Fund team delivers Self-Isolation Support Grants (SISG) on behalf of the Scottish Government for the residents of East Lothian.
It will provide workers with the financial support they need to meet their basic needs during the 10 day period in which they are unable to work . These payments are designed to help ensure people who have tested positive for COVID-19, and their close contacts, self-isolate for the required period to stop the onward spread of the virus. It is not available pending a test result but it is designed to encourage individuals who are eligible for this payment to get tested quickly if they have symptoms. This is important to help stop the transmission of COVID-19 and avoid further economic and societal restrictions.
You may be eligible for a £500 payment if you meet the following criteria:
- have been required to self-isolate by Test and Protect Scotland; or
- have been notified by the Protect Scotland app (or equivalent app) to self-isolate; or
- are the identified appropriate parent or primary carer of a child under 16 who has been required to self-isolate; or
- are the identified appropriate carer of a person over 16 who has been required to self-isolate.
In addition, you must meet the following criteria:
- Make an application within 28 days of the day that you are required to self-isolate
- are employed or self-employed and unable to work from home
- will face reduced earnings as a result of self-isolating
- in receipt of at least one of the following benefits:
Working Tax Credit
Income based Employment and Support allowance
Income based Job seekers allowance
Means-tested Council Tax Reduction or
- are an individual who earns less than the £1543.75 gross per month or
- your household income is such that it falls within the agreed definition of ‘low income’ for your household type.
Applications for support are for single applicants. Any other applications for those within the same household must be made separately and individually.
Supporting evidence required
Before you apply, please ensure you have the information in this list:
- your National Insurance number
- a notification from Test and Protect asking that you self-isolate or Protect Scotland app certification
- your most recent wage slip, or proof of self-employment
- your most recent bank statement