Adaptations to Housing Association Houses

This topic explains how to seek adaptations for a Housing Association property. Before reading it, please see the general information in the topic Home needs adapting.

How adaptations to housing association houses are funded

If adaptations to your housing association home are recommended, your landlord should provide the necessary funding, either through any Government grants or their own resources. Contact details can be found on our Housing Association contact page.

Leaflet about funding

This Government guide tells you more about the funding of adaptations to Housing Association properties.

If it is not practical to adapt your home

Your housing association may consider the costs of a major adaptation excessive - in which case a move may be the best solution. In this case, a discussion needs to take place involving you, your housing association landlord and your occupational therapist about your options. For general information about moving home, go to Help for Housing Association Tenants.

Help for Disabled People from Housing Options Scotland

Housing Options Scotland provides information and advice to help disabled people to get the right house, in the right place. Housing Options Scotland do not directly provide housing.