Practices in East Lothian are following guidance shared by NHS Scotland and Public Health authorities to minimise risks associated with COVID-19/coronavirus.
They are asking for your support to protect patients and staff.
Covid-19 symptoms and prevention
Download guidance on covid-19 symptoms and prevention
Before you contact your practice, consider checking www.nhsinform.scot for advice about corona virus and any other health problems.
Most patients with symptoms of corona virus will not need assessment and will be able to manage their symptoms at home, following the advice on NHS Inform website.
- Do not go to your practice unless you have been asked to do so by practice staff
- Do telephone your practice to request an appointment, telling them about your medical need.
- Expect to be asked questions about your symptoms before any appointment is arranged
- You may be offered a consultation by phone
- If you do need a face-to-face appointment, this will be arranged
- If you need a coronavirus assessment, they will ask you to self-isolate for 7 days.
- Practice clinical teams are reviewing all pre-existing appointments
- If they think your appointment is not urgent, they may reschedule it for a later date
- If your appointment needs to go ahead, the practice will offer you a phone consultation, wherever possible
- Your practice’s admin team will contact you if your appointment is cancelled or changed to a telephone appointment
- If you need a face-to-face appointment, they will ask you some screening questions to make sure that it is appropriate for you to attend
- Please try to order repeat prescriptions online.
Access to medical centres
You should only go to your medical practice if you have been invited to do so by a clinician at your practice.
- People who have not been invited will be asked to leave
- Only patients with appointments will be allowed into medical practices
- If you are a parent/guardian/carer, you may be able to attend with the person you care for – please check
- Remember to use the hand sanitiser provided when entering the building or wash your hands in the patient toilets.