New ELHSCP nurse-led Community Treatment and Care Service
Community Treatment and Care Service (CTACS)
CTACS is a new way of receiving care – one which helps us ensure people are able to see the right person at the right place at the right time, and one which we are sure the community will come to value.
- Ear irrigation
- Pre-chemo bloods Haematology bloods
- Removal of sutures/staples after operations or injuries
- Wound care – including management of leg ulcers or wounds after surgery or injury
- B12 injections
Why is this service changing?
Changes to the arrangements between GP Practices and the Scottish Government have meant that some services will no longer be provided directly by your GP Practice. Instead, they will be delivered directly by East Lothian Health and Social Care Partnership and NHS staff.
What this means for patients
Patients will still be able to access services provided by expertly trained nursing staff.
Your GP Practice will be kept up to date on your management, and involved in your care, should it be necessary.
You can visit a CTACS near you, whether that's at your local practice or the CTACS nearest to where you are going to be during the day.
Where to find us
The following practices have CTACS bases in their buildings:
- Dunbar Medical Centre (Cromwell Harbour, Lauderdale and Whitesands patients)
- Gullane Medical Practice
- Harbours Medical Practice (Cockenzie and Port Seton patients)
- North Berwick Mecical Practice
- Prestonpans Medical Practice
- Tranent Medical Practice.
There are CTACS centres at:
- East Lothian Primary Care Centre (which provides the service to patients at Lammermuir, Orchard and Tyne GP practices and East Linton GP practice)
- Musselburgh Primary Care Centre (which provides the service to patients at Inveresk and Riverside GP practices).
Patients supported by any of the bases or centres above are welcome to use another CTACS if this is more convenient for them.
How to make an appointment
Phone us on 0131 446 4227.
The phone line is open Monday to Friday from 8.30am-12.30pm and 1.30pm-4.30pm
Appointments are available Monday to Friday between 8am and 5pm.