Are you missing out on financial help?
The Council Tax reduction scheme is available if you are out of work or on a low income and can help reduce your Council Tax charge.
You can claim Council Tax reduction whether you're working, unemployed, disabled, single, married or in a civil partnership.
Would you qualify for a reduction?
To qualify for Council Tax reduction, you must:
- be on a low income
- be the person responsibile for paying Council Tax
The amount of Council Tax reduction you will get depends on the amount you have to pay, the amount of money you have coming in and the number of people living in your household.
You may not be entitled to Council Tax reduction if:
- you have come to live in the UK from abroad
- you are a full time student
- you live in residential care or a nursing home
- you have savings over £16,000