Are you a full time student getting ready for the new term?
Don't forget to apply for your Council Tax discount
To qualify as a student, you must either:
- Study for 6 months for 21 hours per week in each academic year
- Be a foreign language assistant working in a school or other educational establishment and be registered with the British Council
- Be under 20 years old and studying for a non-advanced course for at least 12 hours a week for three months. Non-advanced courses include A levels, Highers and Level 3 SVQs.
Amount of discount
We may offer:
- A 25% discount if all but one of the adults living in the property are students
- A full exemption from paying Council Tax if the property is occupied solely by students
This discount reduces your Council Tax, water and sewerage charges.