Guidance for visiting our libraries
In line with government guidelines we commenced a phased reopening of our libraries from Monday 3 May.
Many of our branches have now opened for browsing, click and collect and PC sessions.
Information about specific libraries and services available can be found in our East Lothian Libraries directory - including which libraries are closed to the public and contact details to make appointments.
Click and Collect appointments
- you can make an appointment for click and collect through the library's webpage - find it in the directory
- by completing the online form - Click and Collect
- or by email to the library
- or by telephone - call our switch board on 01620 827827 and ask for the relevant library
Visiting the library
There will be a returns bin available so if you wish to return any library books, please bring them along. An appointment is not necessary to return items. Return bins are also available at John Muir House and the Brunton Hall.
Staff will be wearing PPE and all visitors who come to the library are required to wear a face covering unless, for example:
- you have a health condition or you are disabled and a face covering would be inappropriate because it would cause difficulty, pain or severe distress or anxiety or because you cannot apply a covering and wear it in the proper manner safely and consistently. Individual discretion should be applied in considering the use of face coverings for other children including, for example, children with breathing difficulties and disabled children who would struggle to wear a face covering
- you need to eat or drink
- you are taking medication
- you are communicating with someone else who relies on lip reading
- a relevant person, such as a police officer, asks you to remove your face covering
We are operating limited opening hours
The service remains reduced as we follow government guidelines and some of our branches remain closed to staff as well as the public.