Taxicards offer subsidised transport for people who have permanent physical disability and are unable to use public transport.
There are also alternative transport services available which can be used instead of the Taxicard scheme, such as:
- Concessionary Travel
- HcL Transport for people with mobility challenges, including services such as Dial-A-Ride and Dial-A-Bus .
Who can apply for a Taxicard?
Applicants must be a permanent resident in the East Lothian Council area and meet one of the following criteria:
- You must have a permanent physical disability, which affects you using low floor public buses (you may be referred for a mobility assessment before your application can be processed).
How to apply for a Taxicard
You will need to provide:
- Proof of residency (Utility bill, Council Tax statement etc. dated within the last 12 months)
- Proof of identity (Birth certificate, passport, driving licence, marriage certificate)
- One passport size photograph (you can also send a smart phone image)
Sending your application and supporting documentation
Your application, photographs (you can also send a smart phone image), scans of all relevant supporting documentation (detailed above).
You can also post your application, photos and photocopies of your supporting documents to:Infrastructure John Muir House Brewery Park Haddington EH41 3HA
Please send copies, do not send the originals.
How much does it cost?
You will pay the first £1.50 of each trip. We will contribute to the cost of a taxi journey to a maximum of £3.00. The yearly limit of subsidised trips is 104.
|Metered Fare||You pay||Council pays|