Apply for a National Entitlement Card
How to apply
You can apply for a National Entitlement Card online at getyournec.scot
if you are unable to apply online you can also apply at your local library
If you are aged 60 or over, or have a disability which entitles you to a travel pass, our library staff will take your photograph and process your application online. Please note you cannot apply earlier than 14 days before your 60th birthday.
You will need to provide the following documents to prove your eligibility:
- Proof of person (e.g. Birth certificate unless your name has changed/current passport/current driving licence/marriage certificate)
- Proof of your current address (e.g. a utility bill/bank statement/television licence/council tax bill/HMRC or DWP letter)
Applicants with a disability will need to show additional proof of entitlement. A full list of accepted proofs can be found here.
Library staff will check and validate your documents before accepting your application for processing.
If you are unable to attend your local library you can also email [email protected] with the following information:
- Proof of person
- Proof of your current address
- Proof of disability entitlement (if required)
- Contact telephone and email address
You should receive your card within three weeks of applying. If you haven't received your card within this timescale, please call 01620 827 827.
Who can use your card?
You are the only person allowed to use your National Entitlement Card. Allowing someone else to use it is fraud and may lead to the card being cancelled and your entitlement to Scotland-wide free bus travel being withdrawn.
How we use your data
For a summary of how your personal data is used when you apply for a National Entitlement Card, download our National Entitlement Card Privacy Notice.