Cycle maps and routes
There are six maps in total, each one concentrating on a specific area of the county and each one depicting routes which pass through places of interest, attractions to visit, places to eat and shop.
Routes 1 & 5 are designed for the average cyclist who may wish to come out for a wee jaunt through East Lothian with the family and take in an attraction or two whilst stopping for refreshments! Route 6 is longer and takes in the 3 main off-road paths linked by minor roads and parts of the John Muir Way.
Each route comes with a downloadable route description, all routes are circular with opportunities to make shorter or longer if required and all go through places with food, drink and toilets. All routes can start and finish anywhere on the route, however for the purpose of each description routes begin in a town.
Sustrans and the North Sea Cycle Route
- Musselburgh, Prestonpans, Tranent, Cockenzie & Port Seton
- Longniddry, Gullane, East Linton & North Berwick
- Haddington, Longniddry, Pencaitland & Gifford
- North Berwick, Dunbar, East Linton, Whitekirk & East Fortune
- Dunbar, Stenton, Thorntonloch, Innerwick & Spott
- Musselburgh, Whitecraig, Pencaitland, Haddington & Port Seton