Guide to the Carers Act
Mecopp have produced three leaflets for carers explaining what the implementation of the Carers Act 2016 means for carers, and the new rights that they are now entitled to under the Act. The leaflets are available in English, Chinese and Urdu.
They explain that carers now have the right to:
- An Adult Carer Support Plan
- Receive support
- Be involved in the hospital discharge of the person you care for
- Have access to information and advice
- Be involved in the planning of services and policies affecting carers
- Be involved in deciding what help you need as a carer.