Ageing Well UK is a health promotion initiative run through Age Concern for the over 50s which aims to help them take control of their own health.
Established in 1993, there are now over 100 projects running nationwide. The East Lothian project is in partnership with NHS Lothian.
The East Lothian Ageing Well project aims to maintain and promote the physical and mental health, well being and quality of life for people over 50 in East Lothian through a list of activities. It encourages activity by involving a wide range of organisations and groups.
Ageing Well can help to:
- Provide you with a list of available activities in your area
- Set up new activities if there is a gap or demand
- Help you to stay healthy and active for longer
- Work with people who have physical disabilities, mental health needs or dementia and possibly "buddy" people to appropriate health-related services
- Provide advice and training on physical activity-related topics to organisations and groups working with older people
Ageing Well offers a great volunteering opportunity for over 50s. You can help make a difference to the health and wellbeing of the over 50s in East Lothian while enhancing your skills and knowledge - and having fun!