Foundation Apprenticeship Update - For those of you completing a Foundation Apprenticeship and want to know what is being done to ensure you achieve your qualification, please visit - https://www.skillsdevelopmentscotland.co.uk/coronavirus-covid-19/pupils-learners-and-apprentices/covid-19-faqs-for-foundation-apprentices
Foundation Apprenticeships are two year programmes that give pupils the opportunity to gain valuable industry experience and a fully recognised qualification at SCQF Level 6 (equivalent to Higher) through classroom and work based learning. The courses take place between 1.30pm-4pm/5pm (excluding travel time) and pupils can start in S4 or S5 giving you the option to decide when is best for you.
Pupils can embark on a variety of Foundation Apprenticeships with East Lothian Council:
- Business Skills
- Scientific Technologies
- Scientific Technologies Direct Entry (S6 pupils only)
- Social Services and Healthcare
- Social Services Children and Young People
Edinburgh College also have a range of Foundation Apprenticeship, for S5-S6 pupils: http://www.edinburghcollege.ac.uk/Schools/Are-You-Still-At-School/Foundation-Apprenticeships
Whether you wish to enter employment, progress onto a Modern Apprenticeship, Graduate Apprenticeship, College or University - a Foundation Apprenticeship can benefit you!
We work with an extensive range of employers who provide pupils with the valuable industry experience:
- Zonal - Business Skills
- Charles River Laboratories - Scientific Technologies
- The Abbey Care Home - Social Services & Healthcare
- Argyle Bridge Children's Nursery - Social Services Children & Young People
If you are interested in taking part in a Foundation Apprenticeship:
- Register your interest on apprenticeship.scot for further information
- Speak to your guidance teacher to get an application form - deadline of Friday, 13 March.
- For more information on Foundation Apprenticeships, see East Lothian Works' blog.