What is Year of Young People?
2018 has been designated the Year of Young People in Scotland. It will be an opportunity to celebrate all that is wonderful about young people (ages 8 to 26), providing a platform for showcasing their ideas and talents.
What is East Lothian's role?
In East Lothian, we are looking to showcase the many achievements of our young people throughout 2018. Whether it’s in sport, the arts, education or the workplace, young people in East Lothian are renowned for success and innovation.
Keep up to date with what's happening
A number of events will be taking place across the county throughout the year.
Be sure to check out our social media channels and latest news for our #YOYP2018 stories and features.
The key themes of YOYP are:
- Participation – looking at how young people can influence public services and decisions which affect their lives
- Education – creating a stronger role for young people in shaping their learning
- Health and Wellbeing –supporting young people to lead healthier, active lives and have opportunities to learn about and improve their mental health and resilience
- Equality and Discrimination – broadcasting the value of young Scots, challenging negative perceptions of young people, and supporting young people to take leading roles in challenging discrimination in all its forms
- Enterprise and Regeneration – celebrating young people’s role in innovation, entrepreneurship and the Scottish economy as well as making Scotland a greener and more pleasant place to live
- Culture – celebrating young people’s talent and contribution to Scottish culture and arts