Where you can get help
Need access to a computer?
If you do not have a computer at home, free access and WiFi is available for public use at council offices and libraries across East Lothian.
If you need help to use a computer or to make your claim we can arrange for a member of staff to help you. You can book an appointment to use a computer to make your claim for UC or to access your UC Journal.
Just call 01620 827827 and select a council office from the list below:
- East Lothian Works, Haddington
- Wallyford Library, 3 Fa’side Buildings
- North Berwick Library,The Old School
- Haddington Library, The John Gray Centre
- Wallyford Community Centre, Albert Place
- Longniddry Library,Church Way
- John Muir House, Haddington
- Ormiston Library, 5A Meadowbank
- Musselburgh Library,10 Bridge Street
- Aldhammer House, Prestonpans
- Dunbar Library, Bleachingfield Centre
- Brunton Hall, Musselburgh
- The George Johnstone Centre, Tranent
- East Linton Library, 60A High Street
- Musselburgh East Community Learning Centre
- Whitecraig Community Centre
- Gullane Library, East Links Road
- Port Seton Library, Community Centre
- Prestonpans Library, West Loan
Department for Work and Pensions local surgeries
Do you need help to look for work online or help with you online UC account?
If you live in Dunbar or Prestonpans areas, DWP hold weekly surgeries to provide digital support for claimants. Just drop in, no appointment is needed.
- Dunbar Library every Thursday morning 9.30am - 12noon
- Prestonpans Library every Thursday afternoon 2pm - 4.30pm
If you live in the Haddington, North Berwick or Tranent area, you can attend one of the surgeries above, or alternatively the Jobcentre Plus office in Musselburgh.GETTING ONLINE