Reporting changes in circumstances while claiming Universal Credit

If you are claiming UC, you must report changes in your circumstances to DWP immediately

You should report changes in your circumstances through your UC online account. If you need assistance to report a change, the DWP officer at a local surgery can help.

Changes include:

  • changes in your income
  • changes in your household
  • finding or finishing a job
  • a change to your address
  • a change to your banking details
  • your rent increasing or decreasing
  • becoming too ill to work or to meet your work coach