Council services update.
Waste Services have resumed normal collection services for refuse, trade waste, special uplifts, food and kerbside box recycling however garden waste collections will remain suspended this week.
In some areas we are combating large accumulations of snow and ice where roads join pavements meaning there may still be some disruption to your service. Where possible it would be greatly appreciated if residents can clear access to containers or put out in cleared areas where bins and boxes don't need to be lifted over snow mounds.
Rural collections in particular are likely to be affected and in some cases prevented by road conditions.
All four Community Recycling Centres are open as normal now between 8.30am and 4.15pm.
Catch Up Collections and Additional Advice
- Homes whose refuse collections were missed on Thursday 1st March will have a catch up collection provided on Wednesday 7 March
- Homes whose refuse collections were missed on Friday 2nd March will have a catch up collection provided on Thursday 8 March
- Rural homes in the Gifford, Garvald and Whiteadder areas whose refuse collections were missed on Wednesday 28th February will have a catch up collection provided on Friday 9 March
- Kerbside Box Recycling Collections
- Homes whose Kerbside Box Recycling collections were missed on Thursday 1 March will have a catch up collection provided on Saturday 10 March
- Homes whose Kerbside Box Recycling collections were missed on Friday 2nd March will have a catch up collection provided on Sunday 11 March
- Food Waste Collections, As the food waste is a weekly service, please represent your caddy on your next normal collection day. If you have excess please dispose of this within your refuse collection (green wheeled bin).
- Garden Waste Collections,The garden waste service is suspended until Friday 9 March to enable us to ensure essential collection work is reinstated. Please represent your garden bin on your next normal collection day from Monday 12 March onwards.
- Special Uplifts – Please leave your uplift out and we will attempt to collect these as soon as access is available
- Trade Waste Service - Any excess waste arising from missed collections on Thursday 1 and Friday 2 March will be uplifted on your next service day.
Following the severe weather period we will do our best to return to normal service levels. Your patience and support is greatly appreciated during this period however if you do have a specific issue related to your service please contact our contact centre on 01875 824305 or email email@example.com