Council is developing a Climate Change strategy - share your views in person or online
East Lothian Council is developing an ‘East Lothian Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation Strategy’, which will set out a coordinated approach and action plan to contribute to a reduction in carbon emissions.
A series of Climate Change Events are taking place around East Lothian, to coincide with Climate Week 2018. These will be public drop-in consultation events to enable people around the county to feed into the development of the Strategy.
Cabinet member for Environment, Cllr Norman Hampshire, said: “These events offer an opportunity to find out more about what the council is already doing to reduce carbon emissions and the impacts of climate change. They will also help to identify what else we can all do – both from the council’s perspective, and working in partnership with local communities, groups and businesses around East Lothian. Many local groups and organisations are already making a difference in our communities, and we can all achieve more by working together on this important agenda.”
“As a public body, East Lothian Council is expected to lead by example in reducing carbon emissions and acting sustainably. But we can’t act alone. I would encourage local residents to come along to one of the consultation events, and give your views on what the council, and the wider East Lothian community, can do to reduce our carbon emissions, be more sustainable, and prepare for the future effects of climate change.”
- Dunbar: Monday 24 September, 4pm–6pm (in Bleachingfield Centre)
- Port Seton: Tuesday 25 September, 4pm–6pm (in Port Seton Centre)
- Tranent: Wednesday 26 September, 4pm–6pm (in Loch Centre)
- Haddington: Monday 1 October, 4pm–6pm (in Buffet Room, Town House)
- Musselburgh: Tuesday 2 October, 4pm–6pm (in Musselburgh East Community Learning Centre)
- North Berwick: Thursday 4 October, 4pm–6pm (in St Andrew Blackadder Church Hall)
An online consultation will also be available on the Consultation Hub (eastlothianconsultations.co.uk ), and will run from 24 September to 14 October 2018.