Information on free school meals and clothing grants during coronavirus outbreak.
Free school meals
Although schools are currently closed as a result of the coronavirus outbreak, we are still accepting applications from parents whose children may be eligible for free school meals.
If your child or children does not already receive a free school meal, they may be eligible if you are in receipt of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Employment Support Allowance (income related)
- Child Tax Credit but not Working Tax Credit with an annual income less than £16,105
- Child Tax Credit AND Working Tax Credit with an annual income less than £6,900
- Universal Credit where your monthly take home pay does not exceed £610.
If you do not receive any of these benefits, you may still qualify due to exceptional personal circumstances.
For further information and how to apply for a free school meal visit our website.
If you qualify for free school meals, arrangements will be made to deliver a weekly lunch pack to your home address whilst the schools are closed. If you are having difficulty accessing an application or providing the relevant information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
We will not be processing applications for clothing grants whilst schools are closed. If you have already completed and returned an application form this will be held on file. Clothing grant applications will be processed from June onwards.