Countryside events and guided walks
Something for everyone
The Countryside Rangers run a series of events throughout the year to help people of all ages discover more about the natural world that surrounds us.
A number of guided events are put on each year. Most of these events are suitable for everyone but, due to the nature of the terrain encountered, some may not be suitable for those with limited mobility or the very young.
There is usually something on offer to suit all tastes and abilities, including:
- guided activities
- long distance hikes
- practical conservation tasks
- booking is required for most events, as places are limited
- you should always dress appropriately for our events and walks: warm clothing, waterproofs and sturdy footwear are the normal requirements
- you will need to bring your own food and drink for longer events
- dogs are not permitted (unless indicated otherwise in the event description)
All our events are supervised by fully trained, first aid qualified members of staff, usually from the Countryside Ranger Service. If you have any medical condition, please ensure you inform the group leader before the start of the activity.
Download the guided hikes leaflet which gives information on all upcoming hikes