- Musselburgh Library
- 10 Brdge Street, Musselburgh, East Lothian
- EH21 6AG
- 0131 653 5130
- Opening Times
Monday: 9.00am - 7.00pm
Tuesday: 9.00am - 5.00pm
Wednesday: 10.00am - 5.00pm
Thursday: 9.00am - 7.00pm
Friday: 9.00am - 5.00pm
Saturday: 10.00am - 4.00pm
Office closure- On Wednesday 27th February 2019, the Customer Service Staff within the local area offices, branch libraries, Library HQ and the Museums will be having a day for planning of services and staff development. This means that there will be no staff reception areas within the Brunton Hall, Musselburgh, or Court Street Reception, John Muir House.
George Johnstone Centre in Tranent, John Gray Centre in Haddington, Library and Museum HQ in Haddington and all Branch libraries and Museums will be closed to the public with the exception of the John Muir's Birthplace in Dunbar which will remain open. The main reception in John Muir House, Haddington will be staffed.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused because of this day closure. If you need assistant on the day, please call 01620 827827 and ask for the appropriate service.
- Library Catalogue
- Regular Events
- Bookbug sessions - every Thursdays and Saturdays at 10.30am
- Chatterbooks, our junior book group for Primary 4-7, meets on the second Saturday of the month at 2pm. This restarts on 2nd March 2019.
- Code club - every Monday afternoon from 4.00pm - 5.00pm (Primary 5 - S1)
- Lego club - every second Friday of the month at 12.45pm - 1.45pm (for ages 7-11)
- Book group - first Saturday of the month at 10.15am
- Job club - every Tuesday from 10.00am - 12 noon (Universal Credit and searching job sites)
- Learn computer basics - available on demand (Learn computer basics or iPad learner sessions)
- Homework Club- starts Tuesday 15th January 2019. It will run every Tuesday during term-time from 3.45pm to 4.30pm ( for Primary 5 and 6). No need to book and it's free.
- Song-Writing Workshops and Jam Sessions- These relaunch on Thursday 24th January 2019 and will run every Thursday from 5.30pm- 6.30pm for aspiring musicians and songwriters aged 13-17 years. Some instruments will be supplied but bring any instrument you wish.
- Facilities and Services
- Disabled access
- Doggy Bags
- DVDs and Music CD's
- Free Wi-Fi / Internet access
- Free hearing aid batteries given out to those with NHS hearing aids - bring in the yellow audiology record book
- Foodbank - list of suggested donations available in the library
- Newspapers and magazines
- 10 Public access computers and colour printer (A4 & A3)
- Order replacement recycling boxes and food caddy liners
- Photocopier/Scanner (colour/black and white) and Lamination
- Recycling box covers
- Self-Service Machines - don't wait in a queue, scan and stamp your own books!