- Musselburgh Library
- 10 Bridge Street, Musselburgh, East Lothian
- EH21 6AG
- 0131 653 5130
- Opening Times
Musselburgh Library is open for click and collect and home delivery services.
Hearing Aid batteries and waste container covers will also be given out from these facilities.
Blue Badges can be applied for online at Apply for or renew a Blue Badge - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk) If you need assistance to apply for or renew a Blue Badge please telephone 0131 6535220 to make a telephone appointment with one of our staff.
Customers should make an appointment by telephone or email.
Monday to Friday: 10:00am to 1:00pm and 2:00pm to 4:00pm
Click and Collect service
Borrowers are able to order specific titles or a selection of items up to a maximum of 6 per person and collect them from the library.
There are a number of ways to place your requests:
- by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- by telephone: ELC switch board – 01620827827 and ask for Musselburgh Library
When an order is placed, you will be asked to choose a day and time that is convenient to you for collection.
A member of the library team will contact you to confirm your collection date and time.
You will need to bring your library card with you when you collect your books or have your library card number to hand.
If you are not a library member or don’t have access to the internet, please telephone Musselburgh Library on 01620 827827 (ask for Musselbugh library) and a member of staff will assist you.
- Library Catalogue
- Regular Events
Please note that all library events, clubs and activities have been suspended until further notice. Bookbug sessions, children and teen book recommendations, Lego, science and craft ideas can all be found on our weekly activity programme on our Facebook page.
- Adult Active Crafts - every Tuesday 2-4pm. Crafting making. £5 per session.
- Book group - first Saturday of the month at 10.15am
- Bookbug sessions ( for under 5's)- every Thursday and Saturday at 10.30am.
- Chatterbooks Children's book group (for Primary 4-7)- first Saturday of the month at 2pm.
- Homework Club ( for Primary 5 and 6)- every Tuesday from 3.45pm to 4.30pm ( term time only). No need to book and it's free.
- Lego club - (for 5-12 year olds)- second Friday of the month at 12.45pm - 1.45pm ( children under 8 must be accompanied by an adult).
- Learn computer basics - available on demand (Learn computer basics or iPad learner sessions)
- Microbits Code Club ( for 8-12 year olds & graduates of the Scratch code club) - every Thursday at 4pm. Contact library to book.
- Scratch Code club for Beginners (for 8-12 year olds)- every Monday from 4pm - 5pm. Contact the library to book.
- Facilities and Services
- Boardmaker Communication Software
- Disabled access
- Doggy Bags
- DVDs and Music CD's
- Free Wi-Fi / Internet access
- Free hearing aid batteries given out to those with NHS hearing aids - bring in the yellow audiology record book
- Foodbank - list of suggested donations available in the library
- 10 Public access computers and colour printer (A4 & A3)
- Order replacement recycling boxes and food caddy liners
- Photocopier/Scanner (colour/black and white) and Lamination
- Recycling box covers
- Self-Service Machines - don't wait in a queue, scan and stamp your own books!