Older young carers aged 15 to 22 can get help and support from Bridges Project. The work they do helps young people with caring responsibilities to transition from school into positive destinations either in further education or training and employment.
Bridges Project provides one to one support to help young people to:
- develop life skills and support with independent living
- consider what they want from their future
- help to access training opportunities or further education
- help to access support from other agencies
- help to look after their own wellbeing
- help to organise financial support
- provide emotional support
A worker from Bridges Project will work with you to do a thorough assessment of needs to find out what support you would most benefit from. The support is available for as long as you need.
Young people are able to access a wide range of services and can help young people to:
- Develop personal confidence
- Improve learning outcomes
- Develop independent living
- Develop employability skills
You can contact Bridges Project and speak to them to arrange a referral. Alternatively you can download a referral form directly from their website.
Bridges Project is based at: