What are the steps to becoming a foster carer?
Fostering a child is a lot easier than you think, and there are seven key steps.
- Have a chat with our team by calling or emailing us, details are on this page.
- One of our team members will then pop over for a home visit.
- We will then organise a preparation group - this is a series of training sessions.
- After the sessions you will have a series of home-study visits by a social worker over a three-six month period.
- Both you and your social worker will present your report to a fostering panel.
- You'll hear the agency decision within two weeks.
- Then it's a huge congratulations, you've become an East Lothian foster carer!