East Lothian Champions Board
We will unite together to look at the priorities for change. We will invest time and resources to produce results and deliver on promises. We will listen to each other when things go wrong and except no excuses for lack of progression towards our goals.
The Champions Board was set up in 2015 and is supported by East Lothian Council and Who Cares? Scotland.
It provides a platform for care experienced young people to talk directly to local authority staff, elected members and service providers to ensure that decisions which affect their lives are informed by their own experiences.
Through the board, care experienced young people themselves can influence improvements in the services and support available to them.
The East Lothian Champions Board wants to:
- give a voice to young people in care
- change the care system
- help care-experienced young people to access all the support the support systems available
- be treated with respect and get positive help from professionals
- change young people's lives in care
- Contact Who Cares? Scotland on 07739 078246 for information about joining the Champions Board
- Visit the East Lothian Champions Board Facebook
- Read the latest Make yourself heard! - East Lothian Champions Board newsletter
- Read the most recent Assume Less, Listen More issue