East Lothian Council

Care homes in East Lothian (residential care)

About residential care

Photo - Older lady

There is support available to help you live independently in your own home, from home care to frozen meals delivery services. But if you're finding that living at home is no longer possible, residential care may be an appropriate solution.

Depending on the outcome of an assessment carried out by one of our social worker assessors, we may be able to help you identify and move into a residential home, as well as providing financial contributions.

Residential care in East Lothian

Council owned accommodation

East Lothian Council owns and manages three homes providing residential care only:

All of our care homes are registered and regulated by the Care Inspectorate

Private accommodation

For more information on private nursing and care homes, click on the links below. 

East Lothian Council, John Muir House, Haddington, EH41 3HA

Telephone: 01875 824309

East Lothian Council, John Muir House Brewery Park Haddington East Lothian EH41 3HA.