East Lothian Council

Help for Private tenants and landlords

Private rented housing assistance

This topic is for private tenants and their landlords.

If you are a private tenant and want to know about your rights and duties, go to our help for private tenants page.

If you are a landlord, or thinking of renting your property out, please go to our Information for landlords.

If you are interested in the ways in which the Council can help you stay in the property you occupy (whichever type of property it is), please go to our Helping you Stay in your Home section. This includes information on adapting your current property to accommodate mobility problems.

Telephone: 01620 827537

Benefits are changing. Find out how this may affect you on our Welfare Reform information and advice pages.

Watch our housing advice videos. These show how we can help with a range of issues from relationship breakdown, to finding a private let. They explain recent Benefits changes, as well.
If you need any further advice or guidance, please contact us.

East Lothian Council, John Muir House Brewery Park Haddington East Lothian EH41 3HA.