Access the latest content online
Bolinda BorrowBox eAudiobooks and eBooks
Access a variety of eBooks and eAudiobooks for adults and children by downloading the Borrowbox app available from the Apple App Store, Google Play or Amazon Apps.
You will need your Library Membership Number and an email address.
- enter your Library Membership Number where it asks for a username
- if you have a Membership Number beginning with B, include the B and the 9 digits
- if you have a 16-digit smartcard number, enter the first 14 digits only (ignore the last two digits)
- if you have an online Membership number beginning with H, enter the H and 7 digits
- your PIN/password is the last four digits of your Library Membership Number (the password for the username 12345678912345 is 2345 - this is the last four digits of the 14 numbers)
Full instructions are available in the help section on the Borrowbox website.
Libby, by OverDrive eAudiobooks and eBooks
Libby by Overdrive is the one-tap reading app from our library where you can borrow eBooks and digital audiobooks for free. You can stream books with Wi-Fi or mobile data, or download them for offline use and read anytime. Borrowers can also access eMagazines, stream music concerts and documentaries and access online educational and lifelong learning courses.
Libby is free and easy to get started. Click on the button below to register for Libby and a password will be emailed to you.
Once you have registered and received your password please follow the instructions below.
Install the Libby App
- download the Libby app from the Apple App Store or Google Play.
- click on Yes to say you have a library card
- search for East Lothian Library Service and click on the East Lothian Library Service details to select it
- click on Sign In With My Card and enter your email address and click Next
- enter your password and click Sign In and then Next
The Overdrive app is available for Kindle Fire users or devices that cannot download the Libby app however this app is due to be retired from February 2022. It is recommended that borrowers access Libby via the browser on their device.
Using Libby on a Computer
If you are unable to install the Libby app you can still borrow and read books online via the website. Please follow the instructions below.
- go to the East Lothian Libby homepage
- click on Sign in With My Card
- enter your email address and click Next
- enter your password and click Sign In and Next
Got questions about Libby, the one-tap reading app from our library? Get your common, or not-so-common questions answered or get help with specific features to make the most of your in-app experience by visiting the Libby help section.