Support for businesses
Economic Development is the first point of contact for free and impartial business information advice and support to all sectors of the economy.
Our East Lothian Business Gateway service delivers free specialist advisory support for those wishing to start a new business, buy into a business opportunity or become self employed.
Our experienced and expert business advisers can offer help and assistance including:
- advice on developing a business plan
- understand business finance and cash flows
- find new ways to market or expand your business
- access workshops, seminars and webinars to develop or improve business skills
- source business funding to help start or grow your business
- find business property or land for development
- exporting and accessing new markets
Contact 01620 827870 or email email@example.com
East Lothian businesses can access free one to one expert help in the following topics:
- business strategy
- website and digital development
- importing and exporting
- leadership development and team coaching
- innovation and new product development (NPD)
- public sector procurement
- HR and employing staff
- energy efficiency and the transition to net zero
- financial planning and forecasting
- product packaging
- marketing strategy
- SALSA (Safe and Local Supplier Accreditation for food and drink businesses
- Shop Doctor Programme for retail
For an application form or more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
Find Business Support
FindBusinessSupport.gov.scot directs your business to Scotland's public sector support. It gives customers an overview of all funding and services offered by public sector organisations across Scotland. This makes it quicker and easier for businesses to find the information, advice and support they need, when they need it.
Information is available for businesses of all sizes - from start ups to established companies, from sole traders to larger enterprises, from commercial businesses to social enterprises.