Our Economic Development team's remit is to expand East Lothian's business base and funding for business growth is fundamental to this aim.
We provide sources of financial support to new and established businesses based in East Lothian. Each support programme has its own application process, but you should note that all applications require a detailed business plan with financial projections.
Eligibility conditions and criteria change. Because of this, we strongly recommend that you talk to one of our business advisers prior to making any application.
The Start Up Loan is a UK Government funded scheme that helps people who have a viable business idea get the funding they need to start their own business.
- borrow up to £25,000
- fixed interest rate of 6% pa
- 1-5 year repayment term
- 12 months of free mentoring
For more information visit the Start Up Loans website.
East Lothian Investments Ltd
ELI Ltd is a not-for-profit company, authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, providing interest-free loans to East Lothian businesses. It is managed by a Fund Manager and governed by a Board of Directors.
- companies must be based within East Lothian
- loans can be applied for up to £25,000 and are interest-free
- there is a 5% arrangement fee which you must pay before you receive the funds
- applications can be for any purpose, except debt repayment
- loans awarded will normally be re-paid over a term of 60 months
- open to businesses at all stages and all sectors and types of businesses, including start up
More information, including applicant guidance and application form visit East Lothian Investments. Deadline dates for new applications are set every 6 to 8 weeks.