There is help for anyone facing a redundancy situation through the Scottish Government's Partnership Action for Continuing Employment (PACE) initiative, which is coordinated by Skills Development Scotland in conjunction with other partners including Jobcentre Plus.
The aim of PACE is to minimise the time people affected by redundancy are out of work through providing skills development and employability support.
Are you facing redundancy or have you been made redundant?
PACE can help you to:
- find your way back to work, check what benefits you may be entitled to and help with job seeking
- access job vacancy information
- construct powerful CVs and application forms and prepare effectively for interviews
- identify future career and training options and the steps needed to achieve them
- access a wide range of Government funded career and training options and the steps needed to achieve them
- access a wide range of Government funded training in colleges, higher education institutions and training providers to improve your skills and increase your chances of finding work
- find out how to start up your own business
Are you an employer worried about making redundancies?
PACE can help your business to:
- identify alternatives to redundancy
- maintain and improve industrial relations
- access local support services
- support employees with tailored programmes to help them access jobs and training
Phone the Scottish Redundancy Helpline on 0808 100 1855.