Ranger events and guided hikes
The Countryside Rangers run a series of events throughout the year to help people of all ages discover more about the natural world that surrounds us.
This year there should be something on offer to suit all tastes and abilities, including:
- Wildlife tours
- Guided wildlife experiences for adults
- All day hikes
- Summer events for families
- Practical conservation tasks
Wildlife experiences for adults
Would you like to learn more about the wildfowl and wading birds that visit our coasts, experience Mindfulness in nature, find out about our geological past or learn about the folklore of our wild flowers? These are just some of the events we have on offer this year. To find out more details of these and other events you can download our events guide Ranger Service Events.
Our hikes occur on the last Sunday of each month and vary from lowland wanders to more strenuous hill walks. The hikes are a great opportunity to spend more time out in the fresh air, meet like-minded people and explore the East Lothian countryside with an expert guide. Our programme of hikes is listed in our event guide.
Summer Events for the Family
Our family summer activities range from rock-pool rambles to night time explorations, and will be published later in the spring.
Practical Conservation Tasks
We have a number of volunteer groups that carry out conservation activities led by our Countryside Rangers on countryside sites throughout East Lothian. Our volunteers come from all walks of life and volunteer for many reasons
- to learn about the countryside
- to meet like-minded people
- to get some fresh air and exercise.
If you would like to join us, see our volunteering in the countryside page.
For All Our Events
- You should always dress appropriately for our events. Warm clothing, waterproofs and stout footwear are the normal requirements
- You will need to bring your own food and drink for the longer events
- Dogs are not permitted
- All our events are led by fully trained and first aid qualified Countryside Rangers. If you have any medical condition, please inform the group leader before the start of the activity.