This report highlights that governance arrangements, decision-making processes, leadership and scrutiny have improved since the last Best Value Assurance Report on East Lothian Council in 2007.
Other key points in the report include:
- The council has delivered and planned for further local population growth, with a well-supported vision and improvement framework. Improvement activity and embracing the digital agenda is coordinated through its Transformation Programme.
- Financial management is effective with a budget-setting process focused on the council’s priorities - growing our economy, growing our people, growing our communities and growing our capacity
- Strong links are in place with partners and the council works well and engages effectively with local communities
- Most local residents are happy with services provided by the council, with high overall satisfaction
- The council is achieving or exceeding its targets for most indicators