Join our professional dog walker scheme
To be granted approved user status, the company has to agree to a number of conditions including:
- no more than six dogs to be exercised at any one time
- the professional dog walking company to have relevant pet business insurance
- dogs to be transported in a vehicle fit for purpose with dogs adequately secured
- to have a first aid kit designed for dogs
- dogs to be tagged with the professional dog walking company's own company tag whilst under their authority
- controlling dogs during exercise
- cleaning up any dog fouling
- being aware and responsible for other land use - i.e. keeping away from livestock and bird habitat areas.
Those who gain the accreditation will be able to display their council Dog Watch approved certificate on their vehicles and will also have a user ID.
Approved companies will continue to be monitored and can lose their approved user status if they breach any of the requirements.
How to apply?
Anyone interested in applying or simply want to find out more should contact email@example.com.