Health and wellbeing walks
The Health and Wellbeing Walks is a programme that aims to encourage more people to walk using recognised, established pathways.
Walking is one of the most beneficial forms of exercise. All that you will need is a good pair of shoes, and you can start slowly, gradually building up as your level of fitness improves.
Why not join one of our local walking groups and walk in pleasant surroundings in the company of others?
A Health Walk:
- is FREE
- is led by a trained volunteer on a risk assessed route
- is up to an hour long
- has a short warm up at the start, followed by a brisk walk and then a short cool down at the end
- welcomes new walkers who would benefit from being more active
- is a friendly group walk offered regularly
- is an opportunity to meet new people in your area and explore places you might not have been before
There are walks to suit most abilities and we usually finish off with a tea or a coffee.
For more information and to find groups in your area: